Ambassadors (aka docents) help the Zoo serve its conservation and education mission by interacting with our guests, informing them of the wonders of wildlife, and teaching about the animals in our collection.
Training classes are offered in the spring and summer.
Individuals with an interest in animals, people, and conservation - no experience necessary!
To engage visitors in the wonders of wildlife, help instill a conservation ethic and share enthusiasm for animals.
- Tours for school groups
- Discover Carts
- Exhibit Interpretations – Critter Chats
- Summer Interactive Exhibits of Rays, Budgies, Wallabies, and Red’s Hobby Farm
- Special Events
After additional training and logged hours as an ambassador volunteer, one can use animals from the education collection for presentations both on and off-site.
- Must be 18 years of age of older
- Ability to communicate with visitors
- Ability to maneuver to stations in the Zoo
- Attend the required trainings offered in person and/or online
- Meet with the Volunteer Manager for an interview and orientation
- Successfully complete required background checks
For more information or to schedule an interview please contact 616-336-4317 or email email@example.com