Dive into our Living Shores Aquarium Exhibits, Northwest Kelp tank, Patagonia small fish tank, Magellanic Penguin tank and the Michigan Stream!
- Cleaning and maintaining exhibits (scrubbing habitat, cleaning viewing windows and vacuuming substrate)
- Preparing food for and feeding exhibit animals
- Cleaning and maintaining work area, dive gear, etc.
- Assisting with moving of animals or other on-going projects with Aquarist as needed
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- SCUBA certified with at least 15 logged dives
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Fit for diving as stated in a written statement from a physician
- Meet with the Volunteer Manager or Aquarium Supervisor for interview and orientation
- Able to commit to volunteering for a period of 6 months and one shift n at least once/month
- Successfully complete required background checks
Other Skills Needed:
Ability to follow staff instructions
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to dive in a manner that does not adversely affect the exhibit or the animals contained therin.
For information about certification, requirements, etc., you may contact Tim Sampson, email@example.com, 336-4301 ext 8004.
To apply, please see below for the application link. Contact Jim Swarts, Volunteer Manager,firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)336-4317