Dive into our Living Shores Aquarium Exhibits, Northwest Kelp tank, Patagonia small fish tank, Magellanic Penguin tank and the Michigan Stream! Applications are taken only when there is an opening.
There are no oppenings currently for dive volunteers.
- Cleaning and maintaining exhibits (scrubbing habitat, cleaning viewing windows and vacuuming substrate)
- Preparing food for and feeding exhibit animals
- Cleaning and maintaining work area, dive gear, etc.
- Assisting with moving of animals or other on-going projects with Aquarist as needed
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- SCUBA certified with at least 15 logged dives
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Fit for diving as stated in a written statement from a physician
- Meet with the Volunteer Manager or Aquarium Supervisor for interview and orientation
- Able to commit to volunteering for a period of 6 months and one shift n at least once/month
- Successfully complete required background checks
Other Skills Needed:
Ability to follow staff instructions
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to dive in a manner that does not adversely affect the exhibit or the animals contained therin.