If you have a group of people who want an activity to build teamwork, give back to the community or just like being outside, we may have an opportunity for you. You could help with grounds work or possibly special events.
Organizations, fraternities, sororities, co-worker groups, youth groups, service groups and others looking for a zoo experience and would like to give back to the community.
- Need volunteer credit hours
- Want to build teamwork
- Want to give back to the community
- Enjoy being outside
Grounds work is especially needed in the Spring and Fall, weather depending. Special event assistance is needed at various times throughout the year.
Rake leaves, prepare flower beds for planting or for fall, weed gardens, beds and pots, sweep pathways, parking lots, and public spaces, assist horticulture, grounds and maintenance staff.
Zoo Goes Boo (Halloween - October)
Party for the Planet (Earth Day - April or early May)
- Zoobilee (Spring Break week - April)
- Volunteers help staff treat stations, greet guests, offer hand-outs, assist in crafts and other programing, help direct cars into parking areas and more
Groups of 4-12 individuals work best
- JBZoo needs at least 2 weeks notice before planning a group volunteer outing
- Youth groups (middle school ages and above) must have chaperones
- Volunteers must be prepared to be outside and dress appropirately
For more information or to schedule a volunteer group please contact the volunteer manager at (616)336-4317 or email@example.com