Red Panda Cubs' Naming Contest
On June 25th, Wasabi, our female red panda, gave birth to THREE adorable female cubs! While mom and her babies take some time to bond with one another, we need your help!
Red pandas are an endangered species and it's believed that there are only 2,500 adults left in the wild. This means that the birth of three cubs at John Ball Zoo is crucial now more than ever to advance global red panda conservation efforts.
For a $1 donation, you can join in on the fun AND make an impact!
Check out the the names below, and click on your favorite name to cast your vote. If you’d like to cast more than one vote for a particular name or you’d like to vote for more than one name, each vote costs $1. On Friday, September 4th, we will announce what three names won and the incredible support our community showed for red panda conservation here at JBZ and around the world.
Be sure to check out this special message from Minnesota Vikings and former Michigan State University quarterback, Kirk Cousins, on why it's important to him and his family to support red panda conservation and John Ball Zoo. We bet you can guess which name he's going to vote for!
VOTE FOR CUB A
VOTE FOR CUB B
VOTE FOR CUB C
Additional Details and Contest Rules
- Voting will open on Monday, July 27 at 10:00am.
- Voting will close Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm.
- You must vote at jbzoo.org/redpandacubsnamingcontest for your vote to be counted. Social media comments or messages will not be reflected in the results.
- Participants can vote an unlimited amount of times for the duration of the contest.
- Each vote must be submitted for $1. $1 equals 1 vote (and in increments thereof), i.e. $10 equals 10 votes.
- John Ball Zoo reserves the right to cancel the Red Panda Cub Naming Contest for any reason at any time during the contest duration.
- John Ball Zoo reserves the right to amend these rules and policies at any time and without notice. Any changes will be posted online on this page.