John Ball Zoo Internships offer college students a unique opportunity to become actively involved in our mission. In this exciting and challenging atmosphere, interns will be able to supplement previous experiences and apply classroom knowledge. Internships are available in a variety of departments at the zoo.
Commitment length and time is different for each internship. Typically interns commit to at least 10-12 weeks, must have a flexible schedule, and the ability to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Since the summer season is the most competitive, we encourage interested applicants to consider other times of the year. Not all positions are available year round. Please see the internship position descriptions for specific information on our careers page at jbzoo.org/careers.
Internships for Summer 2020 are now closed, please check back in June for fall postings.
- Animal Care Internships are unpaid.
- You must be enrolled in a relevant college program.
- Those with at least 2 years of coursework in a related subject are preferred.
- We are unable to provide housing for internships, however there may be limited funding to help offset the cost of housing. If housing is a limiting factor please still apply.
- We do have many seasonal paid positions in other departments available. You can find those at careers, if you do apply please indicate that you are also applying for an internship!
If you have questions, or need more information than what is included in the position description, you may contact: JConley@jbzoo.org.