We are excited to welcome you to John Ball Zoo!
We’ve missed you! Your support through financial gifts, staying connected online through our Zoo Insider series, attending a virtual safari, and other ways have been appreciated more than we can say. Thank you!
As we welcome guests back, we want your visit to be as fun and memorable as you’ve come to expect but with additional health and safety procedures added in. Your safety and the safety of our staff and animals during your visit is a top priority.
Timed Tickets - ALL GUESTS
Health and Safety Protocols
Increased cleaning and disinfection
To help mitigate the transmission of COViD-19, we have implemented more frequent and detailed sanitization procedures.
Out of respect for others please maintain a distance of 6 feet from other guests not in your group while you enjoy the zoo.
For your health and safety, there are additional handwashing stations throughout the Zoo for your use.
All Zoo team members will be wearing face masks. While not required, we ask that you please consider wearing one too. Face masks are available upon request or for purchase at the gift shop.
In order to decrease the number of touchpoints, we encourage cashless transactions at admission, membership, retail, and food services.
Day and Time Selection
If you are looking for a time or day of the week with historically fewer visitors, we recommend weekdays or any day in the afternoon.
Closure of some guest spaces
This may include indoor spaces, outdoor play areas, and experiences.
At this time, we will not allow re-admittance, so please make sure that you have everything you will need for your entire visit.
Informational signs and staff members will greet and direct you where to go. When there is a wait for entry, you will be directed to a waiting area for your time slot indicated on your ticket(s). These lines ensure that 6’ distance is maintained between your party and the next.
When entering JBZ, please make sure that you have your ticket(s) in-hand either via paper ticket or mobile device and our staff will scan them. MEMBERS – you will also need to present your member's card for verification. If you qualify for our JUMP program, you will need to present your MI Bridge card for verification, as well. If you have reserved a member or JUMP level ticket and do not have the proper card you will not be allowed to enter and must purchase General Admission tickets.
Now let’s get your online ticket reserved for your visit to John Ball Zoo!
- Choose the member tickets option to receive your timed tickets via email.
- We will ask you to present your barcoded tickets (either on your phone or printed at home) AND your membership card and photo ID when entering the Zoo.
Reserve member tickets here.
Non-Members (General Admission)
- Choose General Admission tickets to receive your timed tickets via email.
- We will ask you to present your barcoded tickets (either on your phone or printed at home) when entering the Zoo.
Buy general admission tickets here.
- Adults 13-61: $14
- Youth 3-12: $11
- Senior 62+: $11
Non-Member JUMP program (MI BRIDGES CARDHOLDERS)
- Choose the JUMP ticket option and prior to confirming payment
- Enter JUMP as the coupon code when prompted to receive your discount.
- Tickets will be emailed to you.
- Please present your barcoded tickets (either on your phone or printed at home) AND your MI Bridges card and photo ID when entering the Zoo.
Reserve JUMP tickets here.
Please note - MEMBERS & MI BRIDGES CARDHOLDERS
If you reserve a free or discounted ticket and cannot provide the appropriate card upon entry, you will need to pay to reserve a general admission ticket. John Ball Zoo cannot guarantee that there will be tickets in the same time slot as you had previously selected.
Additional arrival details
- John Ball Zoo asks that you arrive no later than 30 minutes after your designated ticket time.
- In order to effectively limit the capacity within the Zoo, we will not admit late tickets past their reserved time slots.
- If you lose your online tickets, please visit a Guest Services Representative and they will be able to assist you.
If you have any questions, need assistance with your online purchase, or would like to purchase your timed ticket over the phone, please contact our guest services department at 616-336-4300.
Thank you for supporting John Ball Zoo during this time. We look forward to your visit!