Education volunteers, also known as Ambassadors, help the Zoo serve its conservation and education mission by interacting with our guests, informing them of the wonders of wildlife, and teaching about the animals in our collection.
To engage visitors in the wonders of wildlife, help instill a conservation ethic, and share an enthusiasm for animals.
- Staffing the interactive exhibits. Including the Budgie Aviary, Wallabies, and Hobby Farm Corral
- Discover Carts & Critter Chats - Interacting with zoo guests about animals with props and biofacts
- Assist with school groups - Zoo Explorer tours and Zoo Lab
- Assist with Youth & Family Programs - Kid's Night Out, Twilight Tours, and Sprouts
- Animal Handling - After additional training and logged hours as an ambassador volunteer, one can use animals from the education collection for presentations both on and off-site.
- Special Events
Individuals with an interest in animals, people, and conservation - no experience necessary!
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate with visitors
- Ability to maneuver to stations in the Zoo
- Fill out online application
- Successfully complete required background checks
- Complete online orientation and learning requirements
- Attend an education training, currently scheduled for
- Saturday, September 12th 10 am - 12 pm
- Wednesday, September 16th 2 pm - 4 pm
Apply now to receive updates!
Need more information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org