YOUTH VOLUNTEER TEAM
Ready to join the team? APPLY ONLINE HERE
Qualities we look for when selecting volunteers:
- Positive attitude
- Enthusiasm for learning and sharing information with guests, kids and adults
- Desire to meet new friends and be part of a team
- Ready to make an impact on conservation of wildlife and wild places
To be eligible to be a youth volunteer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 14 - 17 years of age
- Completion of orientation
- Ability to maneuver to assignment location in the zoo
- Be able to attend in person assignment training sessions.
- Be able to receive important information via email.
Our youth volunteers help in most of our Guest Engagment roles found in Guest Services and Education. We also have higher commitment opportunities in our Animal Team roles.
How Do I Apply?
What happens after I apply?
After receiving your application you will receive a welcome email with the next steps to take in becoming part of the John Ball Zoo Volunteer Team!