Teen Volunteer Program
We are currently working on our plan for youth volunteers ages 14+ for summer 2021!
Please register here to receive updates!
These are some of the qualities we look for when selecting teen volunteers:
- Positive attitude
- Enthusiasm for learning and sharing information with guests, kids and adults!
- Desire to meet new friends and be part of a team
To be eligible for a Teen Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 14 - 17 years of age.
- Be available for an interview, in person or virtually.
- Make the required time commitment for your assignment
- Once accepted, contribute a program fee. Should this cause economic hardship for you these fees may be waived, just let us know.
- Be able to attend one of the New Volunteer Orientation sessions.
- Be able to receive important information via email.
Please check back for updates soon!
How Do I Apply?
Applications are now closed and will open for the summer 2021 season in the spring. If you are interested and have not volunteered with us before please register here and you will receive a notification when we are able to take volunteers!
If you applied to be a teen volunteer in 2020, both new and returning, you will receive an email in the spring with details on how to get started. If you have new contact information please email that to us at Volunteers@jbzoo.org.
What happens after I apply?
After reviewing completed applications we will contact selected applicants for an interview. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee an interview for all applicants. All completed applications will receive an email notification if they did or did not get into the program.